So I started thinking; what exactly is a Bucket List? What are the criteria for something making it onto the Bucket List? Are these items things you really, really want to do and actually work toward doing? Or just stuff you’d like to do if you can? If it’s the later, then that’s more of a Shrug List. Are the things on the Bucket List fluid? For example, if I wanted to climb Mt. Everest, but now it wouldn’t be possible for whatever reason, can I take it off the list and replace it with something else? What if I don’t complete my list before I kick the bucket? Does my child have to take on my list? Do I spend time in purgatory watching others do those things? But I digress.
For me, a Bucket List consists of things I’d really like to do, fantasize about doing, dream about doing and try to plan toward. It is fluid and it changes with my personal circumstances. There are several items that were once on my list that no longer make the grade. Others I’ve accomplished and they’ve been checked off. For kicks and giggles, these are ten things on my list.
1. Get a Mustang convertible GT (done and I recently totaled it)
2. Build a house (done)
3. Have a family (done)
4. See every state (I’ve seen a good number of them already)
5. Learn to tat. I should say, learn to make Irish lace.
6. Take an Italian cooking class – in Italy!
7. Be a published author (revising my first novel!)
8. Ride on the Orient Express
9. Complete my family tree/history (working)
10. Travel – see South America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland
What’s on your list? Let me know.